Parent Category: Healthy Living
with Cucumber and Capers
Try this easy and refreshing appetizer for a Sunday brunch or as a fabulous start to your evening entertaining. A wonderful mix of flavors, this is an elegant and balanced way to start your meal.
Adapted from a recipe from Cuisine Gourmande
- 150 g soft goat cheese, such as Soignon Fromage de Chevre
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 spring onion
- 4 slices of good smoked salmon
- 1 small cucumber
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Dash of sea salt
- Fleur de sel
- Chives, Dill
Wash the cucumber and cut it in halves, then in quarters
- Cut 1/4 of the cuke into small cubes. Cut the rest of the cucumber into long narrow sticks.
- Mix together the goat cheese, squeezed lemon juice, chopped spring onion and capers. Adjust for thickness and texture.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cubes of cucumber.
- Add crushed sea salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of smoked salmon flat on top of a small plate.
- In the first left corner, place a small amount of the cheese mixture and 2 sticks of cucumber.
- Fold, making sure you have enough of salmon slice to make 2 more layers of cheese mix and cucumber sticks.
- Finish by folding the last corner and decorate with more cheese, a cucumber stick, chives and/or dill.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Place a drop of olive oil on top.