Parent Category: Healthy Living
This lovely dish celebrates the bounty of spring with lovely, tender asparagus spears and farm fresh eggs. A dash of Pecorino Romano lends a tangy, salty twist. Served with strawberries or cantaloupe and a crusty bread fresh from the oven, this is perfect for a weekend brunch.
Recipe serves four.
- 1 pound (500 g) asparagus
- 4 free-range eggs.
- A couple of ounces (about 50 g) of Pecorino Romano, grated in large flakes
- Sea salt and coarse-ground pepper to taste
- Boil the asparagus spears for about 3-5 minutes in lightly salted water, taking care not to overcook them.
- While the asparagus is cooking, soft-boil the eggs for about 3 minutes, or (if your prefer) poach them.
- Divide the asparagus spears among your plates, and place an egg on each, cutting the egg in half if itâs soft-boiled.
- Sprinkle each serving with the flakes of Pecorino Romano.
- Serve with crusty bread, sweet cream butter, and fresh fruit.