2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Red bell peppers, chopped
into small pieces
4 Cloves garlic, minced
6 Green onions, chopped
6 cups frozen corn, thawed
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
4 Tablespoons canned green chiles
4 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
1. In a large pot, sauté red peppers, garlic, and
green onion on medium heat until softened,
about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in corn, coconut milk, chiles, and tamari.
3. Season to taste with cayenne, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a simmer, reduce to low, and continue
to cook until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring
occasionally. Taste, and adjust seasoning if desired.
3. Strain out about half of the solids and some liquid
into a blender (or bowl, if using an immersion
blender). Puree. Return to pot, and stir.
4. Serve hot. Wonderful with tamales or tacos.
from Jacob Goodman's Vegan Cooking Class
|< Prev||Next >|