Positive Change Application Form
Nominations for 2020 are now being accepted. The deadline for 2020 nominations is August 1, 2019.
In order to be considered for a place on the ballot please use the form below to tell us about your organization, the services you provide, how your group helps support the Bloomington community and how you think your mission aligns with Bloomingfoods Co-op’s Ends Statement. Once we receive your entry detailing your organization you will be considered for a spot on the ballot this fall.
If you are not an official representative of the group you wish to nominate, please contact the organization and send them a link to this page.
In order to qualify for a spot on the ballot, organizations must:
- Have proof of 501(c)(3) non-profit status
- Be non-sectarian
- Be non-partisan
- Be local and provide services locally.
- Submit application for 2020 by August 1, 2019.
We give favor to organizations that are Bloomington- or Monroe County-based and support the Bloomington community. Broad areas of support include local, organic and sustainable food efforts, farmland preservation, the environment, and programs that support the education, health, and well-being of the people in our community.
Once the election is finished and organizations have been chosen, they will be assigned months based on average sales during each month and number of votes received. Organizations with the most votes will be placed in months with highest sales.
In 2020, along with providing monetary support through our register roundup program, Bloomingfoods will endeavor to provide further support to chosen organizations through our staff and owner-members. Our support will include:
- Collecting cash donations at the registers for a period of one month
- Collecting donations of needed items that we may sell here at Bloomingfoods such as pantry items or pet food
- Awareness/outreach: we will have signs, announcements, tabling opportunities, social media mentions, articles in our newsletter and weekly emails about your non-profit
- Encouraging our owner-members to volunteer with the featured organization and/or providing information about volunteer opportunities
Bloomingfoods Co-op Market reserves the right to preempt the Positive Change schedule at any time to raise emergency or disaster relief funds.