Sugar Snap Pea & Shrimp Curry
The pink of the shrimp and the green peas make it as pretty as it is tasty
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp and peas and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil and cook until the shrimp have cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
Serve with rice.
Calories: 305, Carbohydrates: 14 g., Fat: 13 mg., Saturated Fat: 4 mg., Monounsaturated Fat: 5 mg., Protein: 31 mg., Cholesterol: 252 g., Fiber: 4 g., Sodium: 610 mg.,
– See more at: Stronger Together